Thursday, November 10, 2011

Am I the only one? Or, do dimly lit restaurants, or other stores with low light cause your PTSD to flare-up?

I can't stand being in the dark to begin with! I get really u8ncomfortable though when I see a t.v. with the black and white, shattery screen. That was the backround to my trauma. What you go through in dark places is, unfortunately, perfectly normal. It's definitely one of your triggers and will do it to you continuously. The only thing that can be done is what you've already achieved. Realizing that you are being triggered because it relates to your trauma is a HUGE step. I ume you are in some form of therapy, so maybe you should talk to them about ways to take yourself out of that time-warp as soon as you realize that you've been triggered. Best of luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment