Sunday, November 6, 2011

WHAT SHOULD I DO? HOW SHOULD I SAVE THIS SITUATION?

At first, a lady just called me saying she wants to refer some cello students to me. I got really excited because that was exactly what I was looking for. When she asked me for my background, I told her I have been playing the cello for over 17 years. Graduated from a really good university and was in a really great youth symphony so I also know the process of auditioning and gettting into an orchestra. One part I fibed on was when I told her I minored in cello in college. I never declared a music minor but had played a lot of music while in college. My college major was actually in physics. I don't know why that came out of my mouth! I perhaps thought what I had done in music was equivalent to a minor. But I knew that the reason she contacted my was not because I minored or majored in music, it was because she saw me playing and really liked what she heard. That is what she told me. But what should I do without losing the business? I know I can do a great job teaching cello. Should I just not accept her referral? What should I do? Please help!

No comments:

Post a Comment